Skate Canada Announcement

Skate Canada Announcement

Postby Dragonlady » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:54 pm

I've been waiting it seems like forever to post this announcement, and I was starting to fear it was never going to happen, but here it is:

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/03/lubov-il ... -together/

It's taken a while to work out the details, and Lubov was under contract with Cirque du Soleil. Her contract ended a couple of weeks ago. I'm thrilled for this partnership and their new coaching situation.
Dragonlady

Re: Skate Canada Announcement

Postby Jonas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Not to rain on this announcement, but I hope to see Julianne Seguin find a new partner and return to competition as well. She wasn't a terrible singles skater neither (IIRC, she had up to 3Lutz and 2Axel-3toe in her arsenal), so if pairs doesn't work out, I hope she tries singles again.

Your thoughts...
Jonas

Postby Dragonlady » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Seguin has been plagued with injuries throughout her senior career, and I don't believe she is even looking for a partner at this point. I really don't expect to see her back again.
Dragonlady

Postby bumphystars » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:04 pm

I have always liked both of these skaters and have admired their skating. Her positions in lifts are world-best, IMO. I really hope this partnership works, though I also hope that she gets a handle on the side by side jumps; they won't succeed without them.

DL, do you know if Meagan Duhamel will be helping with the coaching?
bumphystars

Return to Figure Skating