Skate Canada International

Skate Canada International

Postby Dragonlady » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 pm

I just purchased an all event ticket to Skate Canada which I'll be attending with Tyler, from FSU. Now that I have a ticket, time to arrange transportation, and a cat sitter.

If anyone else from the board is attending, I love putting faces to names. Jonas, you should come. You met Tyler in Ottawa at the martini party.
Dragonlady

Re: Skate Canada International

Postby Jonas » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Woulda loved to come up especially since I came to find out last year that my wife's old friend lives in Laval! Boarding would've been free! But, I'm not sure a 8-hour drive to Quebec would sit very well w/my 4-month old! Aiming for 2020 Worlds.

Hope you all enjoy! No Larry this time??
Jonas

Postby Dragonlady » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Jonas wrote:Woulda loved to come up especially since I came to find out last year that my wife's old friend lives in Laval! Boarding would've been free! But, I'm not sure a 8-hour drive to Quebec would sit very well w/my 4-month old! Aiming for 2020 Worlds.

Hope you all enjoy! No Larry this time??

Congratulations, Dad!! I'm sorry you can't make it, but I have a grandson who just turned one year old, and a great-granddaughter who is 9 months old so I do understand the fun of travelling with infants.

Larry and the rest of the old Toronto crew, aren't coming, although Pat C, will be there. Larry is the only one still living in Toronto, the rest of us have moved to cheaper environs, although we still get together a few of times a year for "not going to parties", Blue Jay games, and Rogers Cup tennis. Ottawa was the last SC where we were all able to go to the event together.
Dragonlady

Postby chuckiem » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:24 pm

I hope to be able to post for SCI as I should be completely moved in by Friday. It's been a tough go!
chuckiem

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 am

Good luck un-packing the boxes, Chuckiem! In Italian there is a saying that, roughly translated, goes like: a moving is something you wish for an enemy (un trasloco si augura ad un nemico, in Italian).

I fully understand the pain! Best wishes for your new location!
Andy
Andy

Postby Jonas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Here are two particular things I'm watch for at this event:

PAIRS:
With several teams ranked ahead of them either taking time off competition this season or retired and/or split, this is a perfect opportunity for Moore-Towers and Marinaro to make a big statement internationally.

LADIES:
I'm hoping that Liza T. can nail her 3Axel and challenge Medvedeva for this one. I don't think it's likely, but definitely doable.

I'm not sure what'll be shown on the 2-hour broadcast on Sunday, so I think I'll opt to watch the FULL, albeit 1-week delayed, coverage on the Olympic Channel.

Dragonlady, I do hope you share your impressions of the skaters having seen them LIVE. There really is no comparison to watching skating LIVE: you really see the differences in speed and ice coverage that you won't quite see on TV or a laptop.

Your thoughts...
Jonas

Return to Figure Skating