Four Continents Championships, 15-19 Feb, Gangneung, S Korea

Re: Four Continents Championships, 15-19 Feb, Gangneung, S K

Postby chuckiem » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Kaetlyn's team seems to think the way to keep her skating clean is to tweak her FS layout and that will solve the problem. But that's been backfiring---at Nationals and again at 4CC. Before, she would start to falter at about the 3/4 point in the program. Now that's moved up to the half point mark where some major jumps are at stake.

Something needs to change. The worst thing is for her is to feel uncertain at the most important competition of the year. The problem with a coaching change is that she would probably have to move, and she may be unwilling to do that.
chuckiem

Postby tennisfan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:56 am

Osmond is clearly a short program skater - she may, at some point, pull together a great free skate and it could happen at a big competition or could happen at the Autumn Classic.
tennisfan

Postby Maleeva » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:57 pm

I finally watched my taped coverge of ice dance. Man that was the best the Shibs have skated all season. I would have had them closer to Virtue and Moir, who won by over five points. I love V&M's short dance but their free dance does not impact me the same way. V&M beat the Shibs by almost eight points at the GP Final, so the Shibs did narrow the gap a bit. Can the Shibs get even closer at Helsinki?

I'm not sure Weaver and Poje are improving under Morozov. I dont see how traveling between new jersey and moscow for training during the season helps a team be ready to compete at their highest level.
Maleeva

Previous

Return to Figure Skating