RIP Denis Ten

RIP Denis Ten

Postby GoFigure » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm

According to Kazakh media, Denis Ten has passed away at the age of 25. https://www.inform.kz/en/denis-ten-dies-at-the-age-of-25_a3325392
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
GoFigure

Re: RIP Denis Ten

Postby Athena » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Was so shocked and sorry to read today the news of Denis Ten's violent death during an attempted robbery. A devastating loss to his family, his country, and to skating.
Athena

Postby Jonas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:04 pm

So very, very sad. :? :(
Jonas

Postby Ellen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:48 am

We are shocked here by this news. He was killed by car- robbers in the middle of the day. It's so absurd, it does not fit in my head, I still can not believe it.
Denis Ten is very well known and loved in Russia. I was waiting for his performance at the Cup of Russia in Moscow this fall.
This morning in the news on the radio, I heard that one of the robbers had already been caught, and he admitted his guilt. Unfortunately, this will not return Denis back to us. He was so young, so talented ...
Ellen

Postby Dragonlady » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Ellen, I think Denis was loved everywhere. He was very popular in Canada too. So talented and hardworking. There is such a senseless loss. It is heartbreaking that this fine, dedicated and talented young man is gone. Condolences to his family and friends.
Dragonlady

Postby Maleeva » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:07 pm

I could not believe the head line when I read it. Murder over car mirrors?

Denis had great skating skills and I will always remember the worlds where he almost beat Chan to win the gold medal. He gave a very fine performance that day.
Maleeva

Postby Ellen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Maleeva wrote:I could not believe the head line when I read it. Murder over car mirrors?

From what I read, He did not even have any serious injuries. They stabbed him in the thigh with a knife, and he just bleeded. Unthinkable (
It would seem, in the leg, it's not in the stomach and not in the breast. A few millimeters to the side and he would have been alive. Had he come up to the car five minutes later, would have been alive.
Such an absurd death...
Ellen

Postby Winnipeg » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Heard this sad news on the radio this morning.

What a horrible loss, condolences to his family. :cry: :cry:

He was so young, so talented............so much ahead of him.
Winnipeg

Postby chuckiem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:41 am

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard of. He was stabbed in the leg, but apparently the knife severed his femoral artery. He lost so much blood that by the time he reached the hospital, he couldn't be saved.

Denis was so young---only 25, with so much left to give. I always looked forward to watching him skate, because he was such a unique artist.
chuckiem

Return to Figure Skating