2018 Pyeongchang KOREA WINTER OLYMPICS

Re: 2018 Pyeongchang KOREA WINTER OLYMPICS

Postby sms29s66 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 am

I just had to come back to this thread to post this even though I might get slapped--Trump is now claiming all the credit for the success of the recent Olympics.
sms29s66

Postby Virginia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 am

Yeah, cuz he wore the skates and the skis. Sheesh!
Virginia

Postby Ellen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 am

Maybe, his credit is that they eliminated strong competitors. For example, no one explained why Ivan Bukin, Ksenia Slolbova, Russian strongest skiers, biathlonists, skaters, short track skaters including Victor An, were "not invited" to the Games.
The result matters. It is not important how it is achieved.
Ellen

Postby Virginia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Ellen, he may think he's the dictator of the free world, but I assure you that Trump has no representation on either the IOC or the World Anti-Doping Agency. He had nothing to do with those suspensions.

A more likely place to place blame would be the Russian government and sports officials who ordered and organized the campaign of doping and urine-switching at Sochi. "The result matters; it is not important how it is achieved" is a perfect expression of the attitude that permitted this level of state-sponsored cheating.

I still think every single Russian placement at those games should be voided. The punishment hasn't been anywhere near strict enough.
Virginia

Postby Ellen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:50 am

Virginia wrote:Ellen, he may think he's the dictator of the free world, but I assure you that Trump has no representation on either the IOC or the World Anti-Doping Agency. He had nothing to do with those suspensions.

A more likely place to place blame would be the Russian government and sports officials who ordered and organized the campaign of doping and urine-switching at Sochi. "The result matters; it is not important how it is achieved" is a perfect expression of the attitude that permitted this level of state-sponsored cheating.

I still think every single Russian placement at those games should be voided. The punishment hasn't been anywhere near strict enough.

I have answered many times such statements. Again.

State-sponsored cheating... This cliché was replicated in Western media and everyone there believed in it. As proof, they pulled out the crazy Rodchenkov (a psychiatric hospital patient) who, for money and revenge for his dismissal, said a lot of all delirium .. Nobody checked, did not gather evidence about this "state-sponsored cheating". McLauren report doesn't have any serious evidence, only statements beginning with "highly likely", "it could be", etc.
From the ocean he wrote about a hole in the wall and the substitution of samples, although no one saw the hole and the scratches on tubes is the only proof. But who and when did the scratch - no answer.
Of course the Swiss court did not take the McLaren report seriously.

The IOC is funded from the American media holdings, so IOC is under their influence and pressure. To prevent a repeat of Russia's triumph in Korea like in Sochi, they "did not invite" the strongest athletes in sports where the Gold medal was guaranteed:

Ski: not invited the World champion and the Tour de Ski 2017 winner.
Speed skating: removed the current World record holders at distances of 500m and 1500m
Short-track: many were not invited, including Victor An, and Russia could not even gather the relay team.
Biathlon: out of 11 members of the men's team allowed only 4, the rest "were not invited"
etc. Not to mention Ivan Bukin :)

If all the above athletes were in Korea, then Russia would be in the top three at least. Naturally, the IOC could not allow that, because they declared that the success in Sochi was due to doping, and then in case of success in Korea, how would it be explained?

The Russian people will never forget and will not forgive such arbitrariness with the Olympics and such aggression in the Cold War.
If in 4 years before the next presidential election again such media injections begin, then I would not be surprised.

But you there certainly believe the insane Rodchenkov, the Russian doping, many other things, but do not believe the facts.
Ellen

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 am

We are running circles here... :lol: an 'ignore' button does wonders, at times.
Andy
Andy

Postby sms29s66 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Ellen, you must not realize that Trump is a Russophile. :lol:
sms29s66

Postby siteadmin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Andy wrote:We are running circles here... .

You're correct......but it's the off season so we'll let it slide for now.
siteadmin
Site Admin

Postby penney » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Ellen wrote:But you there certainly believe the insane Rodchenkov,

Didn't realize you were a psychiatrist. I do understand though if you can't argue the message, go after the messenger.

Ellen wrote:but do not believe the facts.

Yes, your facts are all true and everyone else is peddling lies.
penney

Postby Ellen » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm

penney wrote:
Ellen wrote:But you there certainly believe the insane Rodchenkov,

Didn't realize you were a psychiatrist. I do understand though if you can't argue the message, go after the messenger.

In 2011 Rodchenkov, after attempting suicide, was hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital in Moscow, underwent several forensic examinations, which resulted in the diagnosis - schizotypal personality disorder, aggravated by stress.

How after that incident WADA kept him as the head of the anti-doping laboratory - the question.
Ellen

Postby penney » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 am

So insane he was released ....put to work for the 2012 & 2014 Games and then given an award.
penney

Postby Virginia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Ellen wrote:

In 2011 Rodchenkov, after attempting suicide, was hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital in Moscow, underwent several forensic examinations, which resulted in the diagnosis - schizotypal personality disorder, aggravated by stress.

Ellen, this information comes from the Russian media, which is effectively controlled by the Russian government. Hardly a reliable source when it comes to criticizing the actions of the state.
Virginia

Postby Ellen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 am

Virginia wrote:
Ellen wrote:

Ellen, this information comes from the Russian media, which is effectively controlled by the Russian government. Hardly a reliable source when it comes to criticizing the actions of the state.

OK, if you are sure that all Russian media is state-controlled, then you can read of Rodchenkov's stay in the psychiatric hospital in English language media.
The very first article I found that briefly mentioned that episode: https://www.ft.com/content/edbafd98-719 ... bd07df1a3c

here is the extract from it:
"His career apparently in ruins, he attempted to take his own life by stabbing himself, and then was confined to a Moscow psychiatric hospital. He was released after receiving an invitation to attend the London 2012 Olympics in his capacity as one of Russia’s leading anti-doping officials. The case against Rodchenkov mysteriously disappeared and he returned to Russia to prepare for Sochi..."
Ellen

Postby Ellen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:48 am

I do not 100% believe all what is written in this article, but at least the article mentions that Rodchenkov was put into a mental hospital.
I do not think this fact is widely spread in Western media at all. The only WADA's witness in the case against Russia is mentally unwell...
Ellen

Postby penney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 pm

If he was mentally unwell, why was he working in an official capacity?
penney

Postby chuckiem » Tue May 01, 2018 4:26 pm

BTW, a personality disorder, whatever the type, is not a mental illness. Paranoid schizophrenia is a mental illness, but schizoid personality disorder is not. Anyone can have a temporary breakdown due to stress without being "mentally ill". People can be put in psychiatric facilities to recover from such a breakdown, but being treated in a 'mental hospital' does not mean they are per se mentally ill.
chuckiem

Previous

Return to Figure Skating