Olympics Wide Open

Re: Olympics Wide Open

Postby Trilogy86 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Ellen wrote:Not surprised, really?
Alexander Krushelnitsky, the 2016 World champion in curling. The test showed that the drug was taken once. He must have suddenly gone crazy and drank meldonium at the Olympics.

There is always the possibility that the individual may have been using masking agents previously and they may not have worked this time.
Trilogy86

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 am

Trilogy86 wrote:
Alexander Krushelnitsky, the 2016 World champion in curling. The test showed that the drug was taken once. He must have suddenly gone crazy and drank meldonium at the Olympics.

There is always the possibility that the individual may have been using masking agents previously and they may not have worked this time.

As I noticed, this forum can assume any absurdity, that only somehow negatively affect Russian athlete.
Meldonium in curling? A single use of Meldonim at the Olympics - why !? And all of his 11 negative tests at different competitions this year, of course, do not mean anything to you.
Ellen

Postby Trilogy86 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am

Ellen wrote:
Trilogy86 wrote:

As I noticed, this forum can assume any absurdity, that only somehow negatively affect Russian athlete.
Meldonium in curling? A single use of Meldonim at the Olympics - why !? And all of his 11 negative tests at different competitions this year, of course, do not mean anything to you.

I really don't appreciate the manner that you are speaking to me, it is very condescending. I was simply just saying it was a possibility, one that could relate to any athlete from any country.
Trilogy86

Postby penney » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Ellen wrote:And all of his 11 negative tests at different competitions this year, of course, do not mean anything to you.

Those other competitions weren't the Olympics......maybe they have better testing methods. And as Trilogy mentioned, he could have been masking with something. Lot's of possibilities. Smoke and fire.

I'd hate for you to feel I'm picking on just the Russians though. Don't forget Lance Armstrong and Ben Johnson just to name a couple.......it's everywhere.

:(
penney

Postby Virginia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:42 pm

It's also possible that his drink was spiked by someone who wanted to sabotage him.

Farfetched? Yes, but it's a possibility.
Virginia

Postby sms29s66 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 pm

Yes, Virginia, the same way that Gabriella's dress was sabotaged! :mrgreen:
sms29s66

Postby Ellen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 am

Virginia wrote:It's also possible that his drink was spiked by someone who wanted to sabotage him.

Farfetched? Yes, but it's a possibility.

Without the irony, that's possible.
I do not beleive that Aleksandr is such an idiot to drink one-time Meldonium doze right at the Olympic games. Russian athletes are being tested for doping more often than any others, so why such a crazy risk to take a drug that is useless by itself. In curling?!?!
Ellen

Postby sms29s66 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:30 am

Okay, Ellen, then why did he do it?
sms29s66

Postby Ellen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 am

sms29s66 wrote:Okay, Ellen, then why did he do it?

Probably my English is not clear enough.
I am 200% sure that he did not do it. Why?!?!
There are several versions what could have happened, but while the investigation is under way they are not being disclosed.
Ellen

Postby GoFigure » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Ellen wrote:
sms29s66 wrote:Okay, Ellen, then why did he do it?

Probably my English is not clear enough.
I am 200% sure that he did not do it. Why?!?!
There are several versions what could have happened, but while the investigation is under way they are not being disclosed.

Alexandr just admitted in an interview that he used Meldonium and will give his medal back. Live and learn, Ellen darling.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
GoFigure

Postby Ellen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 pm

GoFigure wrote:Alexandr just admitted in an interview that he used Meldonium and will give his medal back. Live and learn, Ellen darling.

Did you read that in Russian or in transaltion?

Please don't post quotes from other sources.We prefer links or paraphrasing around here.

Sorry and thank you.
Ellen

Postby GoFigure » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 pm

http://tass.com/sport/991258
There you go. Any comment?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
GoFigure

Postby Ellen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 pm

GoFigure wrote:http://tass.com/sport/991258

looks like we do not understand each other. The article says that Alexander admitted the anti-doping rule violation as both his A and B tests were positive for Meldonium. They had to follow the procedure and give back their medals.
But Aleksander did not use the drug intentionally.
Here is an extract from the article:
"...
The athlete said that he had never used banned substances and was determined to prove his own innocence.

Russia’s Curling Federation earlier asked the country’s Investigative Committee to look into the possibility of Krushelnitsky’s food or drinks being spiked and requested South Korea and Japan, where Russian curlers trained before going to the Olympics, to provide data from CCTV cameras. The Federation also plans to request the International Olympic Committee and the organizing committee of the 2018 Olympics to assist in the investigation.
..."
Ellen

Postby siteadmin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Ellen wrote:
GoFigure wrote:http://tass.com/sport/991258

looks like we do not understand each other. The article says that Alexander admitted the anti-doping rule violation as both his A and B tests were positive for Meldonium. They had to follow the procedure and give back their medals.
But Aleksander did not use the drug intentionally.

..."

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough......for copyright reasons, no quotes from any publication or website. I would suggest naming the source at the minimum..... a link would be even better.....and a summary in your own words.

Thank you.
siteadmin
Site Admin

Postby Trilogy86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 pm

I read this morning that an OAR bobsleigh athlete tested positive. This was as per the CBC.
Trilogy86

Postby sms29s66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:28 pm

They just don't seem to learn, do they? I'm not limiting that comment to Russian athletes.
sms29s66

Previous

Return to Figure Skating