NHK TROPHY 2016

Re: NHK TROPHY 2016

Postby Dragonlady » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:06 am

Maleeva, I think Hanyu has completely reworked his Prince program, including recutting the music. I thought the program a complete disaster the first time I saw it, and didn't feel any better about it at Skate Canada, but this time it was quite different, especially the opening of the program. I have always been a Prince fan and was looking forward to this program when it was first announced. I'm glad they didn't give up on it and Hanyu is making it work for him.
Dragonlady

Postby Maleeva » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Wow I did not know he made changes to the Prince program. If he skates it clean it will be hard to beat this year.
Maleeva

Postby Dragonlady » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Because he trains in Toronto, we get to see rather more of Yuzuru (and Javier, for that matter), than fans in other parts of the World. Yuzu skated his programs at the Autumn Classic in Barrie just before the Grand Prix season started. This comp is becoming popular with elite skaters wanting some judge feedback before the big fall events.

At the Autumn Classic, the program began with the entire spoken introduction to Let's Go Crazy, but by this event that had been trimmed to "Dearly Beloved, we gathered here today to talk about this thing called 'life'", and that's it. But more importantly, neither at the Classic, nor Skate Canada, did Yuzu land his quad combo. One of the things that skaters most frequently say when they have these kinds of issues is "The program isn't working for me". I don't think the opening of this program was working for Yuzu. He still fell on his jump out of footwork, so he's got more work to do. I hope he doesn't give up.

Until then, I can console myself with watching Virtue & Moir's SD over and over and over again. And get chills every single time.
Dragonlady

Previous

Return to Figure Skating