House Observations

House Observations

Postby siteadmin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 am

1) Not everyone is fluent in English, please be tolerant.

2) The regulars around here are actually quite nice........at least to strangers....... so don't be afraid to comment or ask questions.

3) The atmosphere around here tends to be on the calm or sedate side. If you're looking for a glee club, you may be disappointed.

4) In most cases, the regulars are fans of skating and skaters....... Nationality isn't important.

5) If you do have any questions....comments.....concerns..... you can post them here (as a registered user or guest) or send them to admin@theisu.org
(Please note it's "theisu.org" not isu.org like the main site.)
siteadmin
Site Admin

Re: House Observations

Postby Isk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm

I wonder if it is really necessary to post the results of each competition in the corresponding topic. They are available on ISU site, it is enough to post links.
Isk

Postby bumphystars » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:50 am

I very much like the results being posted here, keeps them all in one place.
bumphystars

Postby siteadmin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Valid observations from both of you. I guess we lean towards keeping as many options as possible. There is also the fact search engines can pick up the messages posted on the site and perhaps send someone here or to the main site.
siteadmin
Site Admin

Postby Isk » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:15 am

Hello, I am not sure if this forum is still alive, but I have to say, the ISU site deteriorated a lot after renovation. The fact that it is easier to find things through wikipedia or google search and other external resources rather than directly through the site search and architecture, is telling. The other thing is that there are no archives. It is impossible to find any rules earlier than 2010, or results and content from the competitions before CoP, and that was only 10-20 years ago. If anyone wants to understand how the sport developed, how the competitions were judged 20, 30, 40 etc. years ago, why people jumped what they jumped, it is impossible. I think ISU is doing a poor job by treating its own history so badly. It is important to create archives on the ISU website, it would allow interested people to compare and understand historical context of FS. This would go a long way towards retention of the interest in the sport among its long-term supporters.
Isk

Return to Figure Skating